General Information about the engravings
Engravings can be ordered from R.
- If you are interested in a detailed text description of the printing
process, go to the FAQ
page, otherwise here are pictures. Here are pictures of some the Tools
used to engrave the copper plates.
- These engravings are printed by hand on Arches Cover paper
that is "Mouldmade in France, 100% rag, neutral pH, lightly sized, cold
- The sizes listed are the actual image size.
You can't go by the sizes the images appear to be on this Web site, since
some are life size and some are smaller, depending on the actual
size. Please be sure to check this before purchasing.
- When it is framed you leave room (generally an inch or
more) on the paper it is printed on for the signature and title,
then add a mat and a frame with glass or Plexiglas to cover
the engraving to protect it.
- Click framing process to
see pictures of how framing is done.
- Like to see a picture of an engraved