Skip over navigation
If you can see this your browser is probably an old one, and you are not seeing
this website at it's best. We encourage you to update your browser by going
to the "Note about the redesign of this website"
page, where you can find links to download the new free browser of your choice.
How to use the slide shows/galleries
There are two views/layouts: Gallery list and the Slide Show layout. First try running your mouse over the icons and pictures to see what they do. If a text label doesn't show, then that icon or picture won't work in that particular view, or you already have that picture showing.
If that isn't enough, see the text below that has the same numbers as in the pictures to see what each icon does.
Gallery List Layout
The thumbnails and icons on the top of the Gallery List that can be seen in this picture below will not always be there.
1. This takes you to the gallery list view
from any page. It can be on the top or bottom always on the far left.
2. Goes to the previous batch of thumbnails, if there are any.
3. Takes you to the picture that comes before the one you are presently on.
4. Thumbnails of the pictures. If you run your mouse over them a small picture will pop up to let you get a better look at what picture it goes with, unless you already have that large picture showing. Click to see the larger picture.
5. Takes you to the next picture.
6. Goes to the next batch of thumbnails if there are any.
7. Starts and pauses the slide show the same as what you see everywhere else. Click the arrow, and it will start. Click the two parallel lines, and it will stop.
8. Goes to full screen mode, where the pictures are larger.
9. List items showing the different slide shows to see.
10. Takes you to the previous page of slide show list items, if there are any.
11. Takes you to the next page of slide show list items, if there are any.
Slide Show Layout
12. If you run your mouse over the main picture you will see the Title and Caption (containing the size and other information, depending on the slide show) slide down in the upper left corner.
Slide Show - Paintings
Slide Show - Engravings
Step by Step Slide shows
You may have to pause the slide show to read it all in the case of the step by step slide shows and educational slide shows (not done yet).
You can also position your cursor over a place where most of the pictures are to have each title/caption drop down a second or so after each of the pictures show.
It's especially nice when in full screen, because it doesn't cover any of the picture up.
13. Takes you back to the Gallery List page, where you can find the slide shows in this gallery listed.
14. Takes you to the previous batch of thumbnails, if there are any.
15. Takes you to the picture that is before the main picture you are seeing.
16. These thumbnails will pop up a bit larger thumbnail when you run your mouse over them. You can click on them to see the large picture.
17. Takes you to the next picture that comes after the main one you are looking at.
18. Takes you to the next batch of thumbnails, if there are any.
19. Starts and pauses the slide show, just as you see in many places. The arrow starts the slide show, the two vertical parallel lines pause it.
20. Takes you to full screen, where the pictures are larger.
Want to purchase Max Standley's artwork
for your home or office?
Please contact R.
Michelson Galleries to see and purchase available paintings and/or engravings, or Fine
Impressions for engravings.